Saturday, December 4, 2010

AHL COOPED UP...

Starlight, starbright...
The third early day of Christmas brings this - another beautiful snowman, this one, a light!  Pat deWilde, of AHL COOPED UP made this wonderful 'snowman swap contribution' - everything Pat does is wonderful, quality work that she pours her heart into!  Make sure to check out her offerings at her blog link, above.
Constructed from Warm and Natural quilt batting, the snowman is holding the old childhood wish for stars, printed on parchment.  Standing on a wooden paddle/candle holder and next to a charming battery operated, wax dipped and 'antiqued' candle, which is sure to cast a warm glow this holiday season, and be a treasured heirloom for years to come - thank you, Pat!  He's front and center in my living room, wishing on those stars.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh this is just how a snowman should be, all soft and wamrt and fuzzy! I love him!!
Wow you are so lucky to have such talented friends!!

Jackie said...

Sorry my keyboard makes up it's own words!! I meant WARM and fuzzy!! Although, wamrt maybe nice too??

The Primitive Bucket said...

I love my Pat snowman too.. When I opened the box the candle was ON!! So it was glowing all the way from NJ!! It is fun to have such talented friends for sure!!!

Hopewell Creek Designs said...

Oh what fun to open these great gifts!Since I love primitive art and dolls, I will most definitely check out her blog.With our fresh new snow on the ground ,I am in a snowman kinda mood today.
Rebecca

Ahl Cooped Up said...

Thanks Tanya! You're so sweet to give us all a plug.
Pat