Sunday, February 17, 2013

THE THRILL IS FAR FROM GONE...

Chance of a lifetime, twice within 6 months.  The legendary B.B. King in concert last evening, this time with my son in tow.  The consummate entertainer with an ever strong/clear voice, and those instantly recognizable guitar licks, all at 87 years old - I don't know that I could perform for a solid 1-1/2 hours at my age (even if I DID know how to play the guitar, OR could sing...and OK, fine!  I can't tap dance either, dammit, but would definitely throw that into my show, if I could).  B.B. and Lucille put on one hell of a show, STILL.  The thrill was definitely all ours, Mr. King.

14 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

Wow, what a treat. Like you say a real legend!

My Garden Diaries said...

Aint nothing like sweet BB King! So glad you and your son were able to go out together to hear some soulful blues!!! Thanks for sharing the clip..always puts me in a happy place to hear good music!!!

DearHelenHartman said...

Awesome!

Hindustanka said...

Applauding his energy and dedication! God bless him with many more concerts ahead! :)

Colleen said...

I would love to see you tap dance so learn soon!

Jackie said...

He is a treat!Glad you got to see him again!

Colleen Mcgraw said...

I would have loved to seen him, I bet was great!
The Thrill is NEVER gone.

Dorthe said...

Must have beem amazing to experiende dear , it is truly something that he can still be on stage for so long, being 87...
Happy for you and your son, that you had the chance to hear and see him.
Hugs,Dorthe

Laurie said...

Don't you just love it when priceless experiences happen....just like that?

knitalatte said...

Tanya, how awesome for you to see BB King with your son. It must have been a wonderful evening. I was fortunate to see him with my sister awhile back and we loved seeing and hearing him in person, truly a legend!

Gabriela said...

wow....you are so lucky to have been there!Wish i could have!

Createology said...

Tanya you really know how to enjoy life. B.B. King at 87 and performing is amazing. He is a legend and wonderful. So glad to hear the thrill was all yours. Sunshine Smiles...

Ronna said...

Wow.....he still has it at 87! Amazing. Glad you had a good time with your son!

Jillayne said...

What a wonderful experience! How cool to think that he can still do it at that age, that he wants to, and that we want to see it - I envy you big time on this one!
My wish for us, is that whatever rocks our boat, we are still up for it at any age - you have inspired me yet again Tanya!!!