Friday, May 28, 2010

SOMETHING TO SINK MY TEETH INTO...

During a beaded bracelet class yesterday (The Bead Metaler), my dear friend Jackie leaned over and told me it was looking very "Twilightish"...not quite what I was going for, but I'll play along...
Never having read any of the "current" Vampire novels (I did wander through the original Dracula, and the Anne Rice, "Interview With a Vampire" series, years ago) because I imagine that only werewolves and zombies are real, I remembered a bottle of fine Romanian wine from 2001 in my cupboard, that I pull out for decoration each Halloween...I believe it probably houses blood, in all actuality, instead of the self-described Cabernet.  Obviously, it is still corked and intact, and shall remain so for probably the next 9 years, too.  But if, by some weird quirk of nature, I ever do need it to save my neck and ply a vampire with, I am willing to sacrifice it.  "Headly" is courtesy of my art student daughter - it just seemed fitting to use him.

Loaded with Swarovski crystals (blood red...actually Garnet and Siam), black Rose Montees, and cream colored glass pearls, I shall wear this on my next evening out with BATMAN (because I'd like to believe that, like werewolves, Batman is real also, and that he looks just like Christian Bale)...NOT vampires, Jackie!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow that is gorgeous!! Yes, very vampirish!
I love it!

Ahl Cooped Up said...

Beautiful bracelet.
The wine would have never stayed corked that long at my house!

oldgreymare said...

Darling Daughter and her friends persuaded me to read all the books years ago, and they were fun (she says in utter embarrassment).

The bracelet is beautiful, just beautiful, and I love the vampire bottle. How clever you are!

z

Mr and Mrs Altfather said...

I love this! It is very vampirish! I, too, read all the Twilight books, and they were surprisingly good!

P.S. My friend has gotten the Vampire wine before and she said it is very good!

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Oooh, I love this bracelet! And I have a bottle of that same wine!!!!! I have never opened it and have often wondered, as well, whether it really is wine! I use it for Halloween decor too!
I actually did a tablescape using that bottle of wine for a 'vampire inspired' table on my blog. If you ever want to look at it, you can look under the labels section for 'Tablescape Thursdays'.
Great bracelet!!!!

Pat K said...

I love your selection of colors for the bracelet. It's gorgeous!