Saturday, March 30, 2013

DAY ONE - HUMANS STILL THINK I AM A HUMAN...

Because this is the way my brain works, and I thought someone might find the humor in it all...
I have a Pen Pal...Jenny from THE MODEST PEACOCK has put out a call on her blog for handwritten letters from Pen Pals in each and every state, as well as from abroad.  Fun, huh?!  I thought so, and she needed someone from NV, so I jumped at the chance to participate.  So much is done on the computer nowadays, hand writing letters is fast becoming a lost art - sadly, I have heard they are no longer going to be teaching penmanship in schools.  Anyway, I received this beautiful letter from Jenny, while in Denver...from the envelope, to the beautiful Peacock card, to the lovely polka dotted stationary, it's a very charming, old-school, honest-to-goodness handwritten letter - Jenny ROCKS!
Yesterday, while out shopping for picture frames, I found myself standing in the Stationary Department...I decided that I needed sheets of writing paper, because it's very rare that I can cram everything on one card.  Not finding what I wanted, I headed to the checkout stand, where this pad of writing paper was sitting, all by itself...like a "sign" (LOVE the movie SIGNS, too - "Swing away, Merrill")!  I loved the texture of the thin, almost parchment-like brown paper, but as the cover sheet was pretty bent and wrinkled, it wasn't something I normally would have purchased as a matter of principal.  UNTIL, I flipped the cover up and saw THIS on the first page...it WAS a SIGN!
SOLD!  I stood there chuckling - amazed that someone had left a message this way and no one noticed them doing it, but happy that they HAD (and I think they came in peace, if you look at his hand).  Yes, it came home with me!  These are the quirky, weird, joyful things that make up my life.
I've been accused of being "squirrel brained" (this is Roger Nutkin, the squirrel that lives in my parent's backyard, and annoys them to no end), by my daughter.  She laughs at how easily amused I can be, and how quickly I flit from one odd, shiny object to the next.  It doesn't take much - an alien on a piece of brown butcher paper did it for me yesterday!  And, did you notice how I segued from the signs comment up there, to the movie quote...no,  it doesn't take much at all, I admit!  Squirrel brained I may be, but human still, and having fun at it!
 
Hope your Easter weekend is wonderful and filled with the humans (and/OR aliens) that you love...XOXO

6 comments:

Jackie said...

That is one of my all time favorite movies! Signs! Love the alien stuff!! Mr. nutshell is too cute for words! I have a list of names for my German Shepherd pup when I get one, "Meryl" is on that list due to that movie! But so is "Muerte" from Undercover Blues!

Createology said...

Having a pen pal is lots of fun. I have one who lives 5 miles from me and we have never met in 4 years of exchanging letters, cards and gifties. April is National Letter Writing Month and that is how I got paired up with my pen pal. Mr. Nutshell is uber cute. I can totally relate to not being focused and all that goes with being scatter-brained. Happy Hopping Dear and Easter Blessings...

Mary said...

I love hand written letters. I have a friend from college days who does not do email. We still exchange hand written letters. And I love the sign! You know, maybe it was an alien who left it!

My Garden Diaries said...

Ha! I have a couple of squirrels that drive me nuts too! There is a troop of them that tear things up in the garden...my kids know how to chase them back up the tree now! Not sure if that is good or bad! As for handwritten letters...I am so against them taking penmanship out of schools! I seriously think that is bizarre! I am glad you found that cool paper and I about fell out of my chair when I saw what someone doodled inside! PERFECT!!! I like how you jump around! Keeps things interesting and moving! I have been told I jump a bit too! Oh well! Have a wonderful Easter friend!

Dorthe said...

Hello sweet Tanya, and happy Easter to you, dear.
I love the story about your fun note block, how wonderful, I love that you bought it :)
The letter from your friend is lovely in all the easter colours, and with the sweet handwriting, that I sure also miss seing here around!
The squirrel looks good and "fat" how sweet he is..... or maybe not :)
Yes my Easter have been lovingly and cosy, and without aliens--I hope you did not meet more ,lol.
Hugs from Dorthe

Kadee Willow said...

Ok... add one more movie that I need to see! Thanks for adding to my list! You crack me up with the way you write as it is crystal clear that just about anyone would have fun spending a day with you! And I agree... that was pretty darn cool to open up the pad of paper and find that note! I so appreciate things like that, too! Ta, ta for now!