Friday, April 9, 2010

Ribbons and Brass...

Have I told you how much I love my dear friend, Carole (The Ribbon Lady)?  Well, I do...aside from her friendship and getting over just to see her (though far too few trips lately), I never go that I don't find something wonderful that I can't live without!  Yesterday, when I went to drop the hats off, it was in the form of beautiful plaid silk ribbons (about 2-1/2" wide - the "Watch Plaid" is actually a silky sort of organza, and is SO yummy) and vintage brass pieces, though the "damage" could have been much worse...I do have to try and contain myself and pick what I think I can use these days, as my stash seems to be taking on a life of it's own...and I thought that only happened with fabric!

When gently placing these newest acquisitions with the rest I have amassed (from friends and/or purchases over the past few years), I realized how many beautiful pieces I have. Just like buttons, I have an affinity for the old brass pieces. Everything down below is vintage, save for the bird, under the owl head, which is a reproduction piece from an old mold. I realized this "collection" really is taking on a life of it's own, and needs to be used...fast! It's a shame to hide these beautiful pieces away, so I'll be creatively brainstorming this weekend.  Cleopatra was actually "five" to begin with (I bought a vintage lot a few years back), and one was turned into a fabulous necklace for my daughter last year so technically, it is "one down", but I'm off to a rather slow start with the rest of it, I think!  Hello...I am the Queen of "De-nial", and I have a slight problem!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Eeewwww..owls freak me out! they do the whole exorcist thing with their heads..scary!
Love the green necklace, wow, great stash!

oldgreymare said...

So you too are a devil in disguise, luring me to another dark side....
Holy jamoley am I in trouble....so when are we going :-)

z

Colleen Mcgraw said...

YUMMY!!