Friday, March 12, 2010

A Bag and a Rex Harrison Hat...Addendum to March Birthdays...

"You ought to know better than to walk into someone's house and start hitting people with your Rex Harrison hat!"...Weird Science
Just as I expected, the morning light did nothing to help my cause...maybe because I got up TOO early and there WAS no light!  In any event, pictures were taken and I was out the door...way earlier than need be, evidently.  We celebrated Jackie D.s birthday, over at Boulder Station - a rousing morning of Bingo (Loser! - with a capital L and an exclamation !point!) and breakfast (winner) among friends, to help her kick off her 45th year.  We are a "handmade gift" sort of group, and Jackie is definitely my little Bohemian Peacenik...she loves anything with a Peace Sign on it.  We had run across bag after bag, that she "oohed" and "aahed" over at the ASD show a few weeks back, so I knew a bag was in the stars.

She also loves her hats, so what better than a "Rex Harrison hat" with a handmade, silk ribbonwork flower pin.  The ribbon was a special piece of French silk wired ombre that Carole (The Ribbon Lady - see post below) and I ran through her smocking machine to experiment with, when she first got it, a few years back.  I had saved it for just the right project - this was it - last night it got the flower treatment.  The color is hard to tell from the "badly lit" picture (sheesh!), but it is in shades of brownish-blue, fading to a grayish blue.  Happy Birthday, Jackie!  Don't go flailing it around at people...

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow, I was stunned by the beauty of this bag, I am toting this baby everywhere!! I love my hat too!! That flower is way more beautiful in person, I will try to get good shots and post on my blog! Thank you so much for pouring all your fabulous handiwork into my birthday gifts they will be treasured forever!!

Colleen said...

Oh, girlfriend, you do such gorgeous work - you out did yourself again!

Jackie's not spoiled, is she!!!