Friday, September 3, 2010

"OM" MADE

Ganesh - The Hindu god of wisdom and remover of obstacles...hey, I take all the help I can get these days, no matter what form it takes.  A little trinket I picked up from a booth selling Tibetan "silver" (it's really more like pot metal), during the ASD show awhile back, got the bead treatment the other night - I think he turned out quite grand...not too shabby for a $4.00 investment.

Hope your weekend is wonderful...I will be helping the hubby install a new kitchen faucet and am hoping all those "long-weekend" obstacles (broken appliances, mainly), that seemingly plague us each and every holiday, might just become a thing of the past.

A very wonderful, brave woman passed away this week after a valiant 2 year fight against breast cancer and all the debilitating side effects that come along with treatment.  Fly high, Angel...you certainly earned those wings, dear girl!
I can see clearly now the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way,
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.
It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day...Johnny Nash

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Dang, that is super duper nice! Love that nash song! Keep up the good work!

Norine ~rosethoughts~ said...

Very nice! Christine would love this piece!

It always amazes me on how our lives turn out. Angel, many times over the years, grew her hair out for her "Locks of Love" donation. She definitely earned those wings. Thank you for your remembrance. She was a special lady.

Pat K said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. And the words you chose from that song are so fitting.

What a beautiful piece you made Tanya. Your work always amazes me!