Sunday, December 5, 2010

THE ANTIQUE PALLET...

Merry Winter...
The fourth featured treasure in the snowman exchange belongs to the talented paintbrush of Chris Schenewerk, of THE ANTIQUE PALLET.  Chris sent along a beautiful, hand painted antique book (Robert Louis Stevenson on the inside...Merry Winter on the out).  Chris has one of the most creative eyes for painting, that I've seen (not to mention hands, too) - the link will take you to her selling blog, where you can check out some of her other beautiful works of art.
And, as if the book weren't enough, Chris sews, too!  We each received a charming, roly poly snowman also, made from Warm and Natural batting, with a front pocket stuffed with handmade chenille candy canes and greenery.  And glitter - lots and lots of glitter on everything - books, snowmen, my floor, etc.  I do love glitter - good thing!
Thank you, Chris, my talented friend.  They're both pretty darned glitteringly wonderful (it's a technical term)!

3 comments:

Ahl Cooped Up said...

I'm so proud to own the same.
Chris is such a talented painter. She can sew, and make jewelry while wathing a bazillion little ones. She's somthing else!
Pat

The Primitive Bucket said...

Good thing we all love the glitter!!! I love my little rolly poly and the book!!! She is a talent for sure!!!

Jackie said...

Oh Darn, I love that little snowman too!! It has to be his little bell and the candy canes he holds! Those candy canes are terrific, made from chenille?? Wow!!! The book is amazing, I can't paint to save my life so I really admire painters/artists!!