Saturday, April 16, 2011

MY OLDEST FRIEND IN NV, FOR REALS...

Melanie's life in pictures...
Melanie commented, from Montana, this afternoon, and apparently has taken umbrage with the fact that I referred to her as my "oldest" friend.  Soooooooooooooooo - just to set the record straight, she IS my oldest friend in NEVADA, while being on the YOUNGER side of the spectrum of my wide range of friends - she is simply the person I have KNOWN the longest, since moving here.  However, she is not as young as our friend Jackie D., who would have us believe she was born in 1984.  Nor is she my oldest friend in other states, either.  This is Melanie at her finest, when she danced for the troops, where she met her fly-boy husband.
Melanie before she started kickin' her legs all over the place, and hanging out in dance halls - diggin' the curls, and you can't get much younger than this, Mel!
A harbinger of things to come, perhaps?  Mrs. Schofield, the school teacher - she teaches Mommy and Me classes here in NV, and is WILDLY popular with her students and parents.  I know because I also used to take a little neighbor girl to her class, because I was too old to have kids of my own when she started teaching (I had kids - they were just too old and she wouldn't let them in, and I was a glutton for punishment and let my "dear" friend Melanie talk me into bringing the neighbor's kid, while the mom got to go to work).  She does have a new blog of her own, at Together Time Playgroups.  Regardless what this picture speaks (and it speaks volumes), she does not keep rulers on her desk.  She punished me by making me join in on "circle time".
THIS IS MELANIE...and Colton...IN REAL LIFE!  She sent this to me this afternoon, and gave me her blessings to use it.  She has some of the prettiest blue eyes you've ever seen, and a WICKED sense of humor - and she loves all four of her children - not just this one!  And her granddaughter...and her dogs...and her husband.  She is wearing her necklace in this picture, and WINNING!!!  If I know Melanie, she positioned herself directly under that banner on purpose.  The other photos of Melanie are courtesy of The Graphics Fairy.  She IS my oldest friend in NV!

6 comments:

oldgreymare said...

Can't believe you know Melanie! Our girls played together. it is a small town after all...

xx
z

By the Bluegrass said...

Oh my gosh, you are so funny! You had me going. Melanie is very pretty and young indeed. Love the necklace!
xo,
Sena

Melanie Schofield said...

Im flattered by all the beautiful vintage photos you chose to represent me...well maybe not the school marm one; she looks like she needs a good dose of metamucel but the other two, very cute. And the positioning myself under the "winners" poster, I was giving a shout out to my good friend Charlie Sheen.
Loved the post, it made us all smile!

The Primitive Bucket said...

Remember paybacks are wicked!! lol... The pictures are nice!!!! you are too ornery for your own good, but I love ya!!!

Colleen said...

I'm glad you told me who she was the other day and she is adorable and I am your "oldest" friend besides June!

Great blog!

Hopewell Creek Designs said...

How funny..I loved the vintage pics..good job,really cracked me up!! The necklace you made her is awesome...you are a funny and very talented lady=)